The Club’s History

Knaresborough Piscatorials Angling Club was first formed in 1946 and had a mixed membership of both fly anglers and coarse anglers, which is still the case today 70 years later. At its peak the club boasted a 400 plus membership. This included a healthy juniors section and a lady members section also.

Members enjoyed the luxury of fishing a great range of waters, both rivers and ponds. Today’s membership, however, has fallen to 80, but despite this decline, a rejuvenated committee has put in place a 5 year programme to increase membership and improve facilities over the full range of its waters.

River venues where possible are to be made trolley friendly. Our two  ponds are to hopefully include disabled pegs. Recently the river Nidd at Sawmills took delivery of 750 chub and 5,000 roach. This was made possible due to the level of commitment by our members to raising funds for this programme.

New members will be made very welcome. Come on.. Get involved… Join us on this new and exciting journey!

Join us